Dec 20, 2013

Science and science fiction (and insecurity)

My original plan for today was to play around with some ideas I have for a novel, but I got stuck. I would like for it to have some science fiction/fantasy elements in it, but I suddenly realized that I know a lot of people who are very knowledgeable about science who might very well be reading this. I started worrying about them making fun of me, and I locked up (which makes no sense, because they're all really nice people - that's why I communicate with them).

Now that I think about it, my insecurity is also the reason I hesitated to apply for grad school. I worried that I wouldn't have what it took. This is actually why I made it my goal to post something every day. There's no way I can possibly perfect something in a day, forcing me to get over my insecurity and just throw a little of myself out there. I haven't quite worked myself up to throwing my crazy imaginings out there, so today I'm throwing my insecurity out there instead. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment