May 11, 2014

Writing and focusing on the positive

I've been trying to participate in the Google+ hashtag movement #Saturdayscenes, in which writers post a scene (usually from a work in progress or a work they're trying to generate an interest in) and people have the opportunity to read them. I'm very excited about participating in this, but because of my lack of stamina it doesn't look like I'm going to have a scene ready every week. For me it might be every other week. In the interest of maintaining a positive attitude, though, I've decided to share what I did accomplish this week!
  • Decided that my protagonist, Ariana, has a hammock in her lab, and the image of her lounging on it is quite striking (I'm so envious!)
  • Drafted a very rough explanation of how a centrifuge works, as discussed by Ariana and her husband Dorian
  • Attempted to predict where a new fraction containing nanomachines would show up in a centrifuged sample of blood
  • Reviewed the limits of the features that can be resolved with light microscopy
  • Looked up a history virology on Wikipedia
  • Looked up tests for detecting the presence of proteins in a sample
  • Decided that Dorian needs to have ∞% more bean bags launched at him
When I put it this way, I feel pretty good about myself and this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment