Jul 23, 2014

Wardrobe malfunction ... no, not THAT kind!

A few months ago I made this skirt, and I was very happy with it:


I was also happy with the boots I'm wearing with it in this picture; however, the hard caps on the heels of the boots quickly developed a tendency to fall off. I became increasingly less pleased with them and eventually got new boots. Behold!

These boots hold up much better so far, but you may observe that about halfway up the boot, hooks instead of eyelets are used to hold the laces. I didn't think anything of this feature until I tried to wear the boots with my skirt. The hooks immediately began catching the hem as I walked. This was the result:

However, I have found a solution to this problem: embroider along the skirt's hem. I believe the tighter embroidery stitches will be too small for the hooks to catch, unlike the looser stitch I use for hemming. It will also hold the hem tighter to the side of the skirt, preventing the hooks from getting under the hem. Additionally, it will be pretty! Now, to devise a pattern ...

Coming soon: creating an embroidery pattern, how I make amazing soup, angry drawing, Ariana discovers the nanomachines

No comments:

Post a Comment