Aug 27, 2014

Why do I blog?

This winter I set the goal of doing something creative every day. Because of energy constraints and my desire to do things for my family like help out with the housework and take care of my kids, I've had to modify that goal. But I'm still trying to do something creative a few times a week, because it helps me to keep fighting through my health problems. Setting constructive goals for myself makes my life seem a little less pathetic.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't explain why I don't just create for myself and keep it to myself. Why do I put my creations up on the internet for all to see? I don't think it's egotism or exhibitionism. Those are excellent reasons to start a blog; I just don't think they're my reasons. I think I post my creations on this page because I honestly feel like this page is the only thing I have left to offer the world. There's a kind of desperation at work here; I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment